Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Resolution

Today has been pretty dull. A little anticlimactic, actually. On my final day at Emmaus I was expecting a bit more of a bang. Parades, explosions, a heavenly host sounding their trumpets... Something along those lines. Instead, it seems quieter than usual. I think most people are either crashing after staying up late studying or are out celebrating. I'm ending the year as I spent it: in my room. =)

Actually, I'm feeling a little exhausted myself. I've just staggered through yet another school year, but this one was, I believe, the hardest one yet. At times, it took all the energy I had just to get out of bed and drag myself to class. I had no home to retreat to. I endured the longest, coldest, most bitter winter I've ever experienced. Everyday I found myself wanting to drop out. I've lost a lot of battles. I've lost myself.

But I've finished.

Praise God, Who never let go of me! Never was I alone! He also blessed me with all of you! I can't tell you how much your encouragement means to me: the e-mails, the packages, the letters, the random phone calls, text messages, and even just hanging out with me, either at Emmaus or over my breaks! I am overwhelmed at how many good friends I have and what a great family I was born into! Thank you all!

Thank you also to the new and wonderful friends I've made here! You've made this year so much more bearable for me... You have no idea how much I appreciate you! Here are just a few of the friends I've made this year:




Not pictured: You. (Also Connie... Whatever happened to her?)

It's hard to say how much I've really learned this year; but I'm praying it wasn't a waste of time. I have mixed feelings about the future, too... mostly pessimistic... but at least I've survived yet another one of my...

CONQUESTS and CONTRETEMPS!!

I need a haircut...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm so proud of you for making it through. Many, many congratulations. You are something else and I believe that God has great plans for you. Keep trusting Him and allow Him to show you the way.