Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Math

I'm beginning to notice a direct correlation between two of my least favorite things: homework and despair. I smell conspiracy.

After a great weekend with my Mom at the Festival of Faith and Writing, I came back to beautiful spring weather and began to feel a lot of anxiety wear off. For two days, I actually felt pretty happy. But the second I decided to do homework, my happiness was shattered. In mathematical terms:




Above: Me, doing homework.

This is most unfortunate. However, I have discovered that doing homework outside in the beautiful weather makes it much more bearable! By some mathematical miracle:


Incredible!

Actually, it would seem my grades are looking pretty grim. I may not get this certificate after all... But as I've thought about it... So what? I really didn't come for a certificate, and I can't see it ever being of any use to me. I came here because I thought a Bible school would magically make me into a better a Christian. Closer to Jesus, better grounded in the Word, well-equipped to lead and to serve. That certainly hasn't happened magically, but I do think I've grown. In fact, the class I have the worst grade in, I've gotten the most out of. Funny how that works.

Nevertheless,

Certificate or no certificate, I'm not done yet. I will (as Christians so zealously overuse)

"PRESS ON."

...ack... it's supposed to rain tomorrow...

No comments: